23 Dec DIY gift bag for Christmas
Merry Christmas! The streets and the houses are perfectly decorated and everything seems to be ready for the best holiday of the year. It is the time to celebrate, to enjoy incredible dinners and to unwrap a lot of gifts. You may have also bought some presents for your parents, friends or boyfriend. And even though a nicely wrapped gift is part of the fun, you might have not had the time yet to wrap them in the perfect way. So to assist you with that, I have created a short video in which I explain how to create your DIY gift bag for Christmas. So scroll down and press the button; I promise there will be many Christmas carols to get you in the mood for… CHRISTMAS!!!
What do you need for a DIY Gift Bag?
You don’t need a lot of materials to create such a bag and you can obviously use your own imagination. But for this DIY Gift Bag I used:
- Christmas wrapping paper;
- Gift tag or card;
- Some extra decoration like a piece of fir, some berries or Christmas tree baubles;
- Scissors; and
How to create your DIY gift bag?
In the below you’ll find a vlog that explains how to create your own DIY gift bag. But if you don’t like movies or can not turn on the volume, please follow the steps below:
- Cut the wrapping paper into a big square;
- Fold the two edges to meet in the center and tape it;
- Fold the bottom upwards to make the foundation of the bag;
- Separate the two pieces of the top, bottom and the side corners (kind of diamond shape) and secure it with the tape;
- Put the bag upwards and open the bag so you can gently insert the gift inside.
- Fold the top of the bag and that is it: you gift is wrapped. And…
- If you want to add your personal touch to it, you can decorate the bag. For this DIY gift bag, ribbon, fir, Christmas tree baubles and a card have been used.