11 Nov These iconic designer handbags never go out of style!
‘Invest in a good pair of shoes and a bag‘, my grandma always said. I think very highly of my grandmother, and certainly when it comes to fashion. She is 76 years old, but still looks very stylish and on trend. She still wears heels every day and never leaves the house without a beautiful coat and bag! I probably inherited my bag-addiction from her. From fun bags, to vintage jewels and from seasonal ones to iconic designer handbags: they are all on my wish list. But when you want to invest in an expensive handbag, it could be a major decision. And to help you I give you my style tips that will make it easier for you to find your perfect investment bag:
- Invest in an iconic handbag, a timeless piece that never go out of style;
- Ask yourself the question: would I still want to buy it if the label was cut out?;
- Keep it plain so avoid big logos and a lot of hardware;
- Choose leather as the material of your new bag as it will look better as it grows older;
- Pick a neutral colour that matches any look and style;
- Go for a structured handbag as it will better retain its shape after normal wear and tear; and
- Make sure that you don’t have a similar bag in your collection.
I hope these tips and questions will help you to find the iconic designer bag of your dreams. And to get inspired, make sure you check out the beautiful investment bags below:
1. Glam Lock Shoulder Bag by Valentino – USD2,295.00 // 2. Small ‘Sac de Jour’ Tote by Saint Laurent – USD 2,890.00 // 3. Miranda bucket bag by Michael Kors – USD 678.18 // 4. Large Sicily Tote by Dolce & Gabbana – USD 1,895.00 // 5. ‘Pandora’ minaudière shoulder bag by Givenchy – USD 1,550.00 // 6. Faye Shoulder Bag by Chloe – USD 1,618.53 // 7. Tiny PS11 Shoulder bag by Proenza Schouler – USD 1,203.44 // 8. Classic Tote Bag by Tod’s – USD 1,231.42
– Hope you enjoyed this article! Xx Susanne –